Scroll down for upcoming events in our intimate Theatre/Concert Hall and Galleries!
Bring Back the Monarchs!
Community-wide Awareness Event (9/18-10/3)
• Thursday, Sept. 18 at 6pm: Opening Reception for our Special Monarch Gallery Exhibit followed in the theatre by a multi-media program by guest Naturalist Ina Warren. Warren is a freelance naturalist, lecturer, educator and author of the Monarch and Milkweed Almanac. With Dr. Gary Paul Nabhan, she co-facilitates the monarch-milkweed recovery initiative called “Make Way for Monarchs.” The exhibit will be on display through Oct. 3.
• Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 10 am: Students from the Black Mountain Primary School will perform their Monarch Migration beginning at the Town Square.
• Wednesday, Sept. 24 at noon: Students from the The Learning Community will perform their Monarch Migration beginning at the Town Square.
• Thursday, Sept. 25 at noon: Students from the ArtSpace Charter School will perform their Monarch Migration beginning at the Town Square.
• Friday, Sept. 26 at noon: Brown Bag Series by Tina Barr - Monarch’s Reign & other Butterflies in Poetry. Free to the public.
• Friday, Sept. 26, 10 am – 4 pm: Painting the Monarch workshop by Lorelle Bacon. Call to register: $95 includes all supplies.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT BMCA
225 W. State Street 828/669-0930
Bring Back the Monarch Awareness Event closes 10/3
Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League in the Gallery 10/10
Turn of the Screw Front Porch Theater Performances
10/10 @ 9 pm, 10/11 @ 7:30pm, 10/17@ 7:30pm and 10/18 @7:30pm
Run for Your Arts 5k Fun Run at the Rec Park 11/1
Free Books and Brown Bag Lunchtime Event:
Jerry Pope reads from The Elvis Tooth 11/14
Acoustic Corner Instructor’s Concert 11/22 @7:30
Clay Show and Pottery Sale in the Gallery 12/5
Doug and Darcy Orr Wayfaring Strangers Book event 12/10
Front Porch Theatre’s Holiday Show
Sign up for classes NOW
Auction for the Arts/Robin Bullock concert and more/More Gallery shows/
More special events/More Front Porch Theatre/More classes:
visual arts, dance and creative movement, photography and music